Wednesday 5 December 2012

2012


Twothousandtwelve

"Do not believe what anybody says, rejecting it either, but research it".
Krishnamurti



Since 2006, blogging has become popular (yes I have recently become a fanatic in this), but over the last couple of years, everyone also become fascinated by the concept known as…. The End of the World.
Around 2008, I was still at secondary school and I was presented with a presentation about Nostradamus. Interesting but completely inconsistent.
At home I asked my parents about this subject, but they had never heard of this God, as we may call him by now. On the one hand this may be because they encourage peasant sobriety or they simply do not attach importance to this thing.
Approximately four years later I am now working for Elevator Passion. Elevator Passion is a really nice company but.... sometimes I need to give up my own point of views. The first life-changing task was giving up my eating habits.
Lettuce become a daily topic of conversation, the deep fryer stays closed but besides the word 'Lettuce'  the only noun synonymous with lunch time, we also had a discussion about the end of the world. Yes the end.......
All the alarm bells went off immediately, I'm not the most fond of talking about faith, traditions, predictions - excluding Sinterklaas and kale with a gravy-dimple. Contrasting with Lisa (the boss), she is really open to the subject and we have had enough arguments about 21/12/12 to make me even want to listen…Oh yes!
Lisa wants me to write a blog about the end of the world… luckily she sent me an email with 10 links, I needed to check out, trowing myself into the depth of the conspiracy theories. The links are open on my desktop but seriously reading went too far… no I’m not doing this ;) 
I will interview Lisa, check all the plus and minus point, think about it and put together a conclusion. This is what I’m gonna do!
Two cigarettes later Cenk is getting involved, Cenk the man who can do anything inside the office, but how often I assume things of him, the end of the world is a different matter though.
Next to Lisa I will give Cenk also a series of questions, because how far do they want to go in the theory about the end of civilization ? What do they believe? What do they want to believe in?, how far do they go into this? what do they want to do about it? Etc….This is the first time I am intrested in this matter at all. The countdown has begun and I will prepare myself…Preparing for a madness that is sure to come, or is it something that will stay fictitious….?

- To be continued -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers