Friday 15 March 2013

MC Complicated

-->
The most energetic MC in the lowlands

MC Complicated – One of the most colorful personalities in the Amsterdam nightlife!
With a rich history , playing drums in a church choir, star in a punk band, being a drummer with the Sunclub and touring the whole world. Owning a club in Ibiza and his MC Career - there have been many incredible moments in Antonio’s life and many more to come !

How did it all start for you?

As a child I had a passion for drumming. But unfortunately my foster parents never appreciated it nor encouraged me. My Parents were very religious back then and every sunday I had to visit church, since listening to the priest wasn't very exciting , I got creative and decided to join the church choir, where I then learned very much as I drummed for them for 4 years and we even released an Album that was sold at the church on Sundays. It’s funny my career ‘started’ in the church.

When we read your bio we can see you have a diverse background. You played funk to rock to dance music.

I just love music a lot. Prince, Michael Jackson, Jimmie Hendrix and James Brown are my biggest inspirations. I listened so much to their music. I don’t believe in boundaries. My whole life I made music led my life. But when I heard electronic music for the very first time I was just sold.

How did you get in touch with electronic music?

I first met acid –house at the infamous Roxy. I didn’t know what happened to me that night. It was a an amazing experience. I just couldn’t stop dancing the whole night. At that point my love for dance music was born. 

After seven successful years you quitted with The Sunclub. Why?

I had an amazing time at The Sunclub. I travelled around the world with my music and I developed myself as an artist. But at some point my musical identity had changed and I decided to move on and go my own way.

I started to play with many popular Dutch dj’s such as Sunnery James & Rian Marciano with my live percussions during their dj sets in events like Dance valley, Pleasure Island and many more festivals alike.

In 2004 the sun was calling and I followed my dream of opening a club in Ibiza, which I ran for a year. Easier said than done, because the maffia squeezed all my savings out of me and I lost everything in just one year.



That must have been a very difficult time for you.

It was extremely difficult. I was out of running for a year after that. But I never quit. That’s not in my nature. I always move on to a new chapter in my life.

One thing leads to the other and after all of that I got back on the roll and my MC career kicked off in Bulgaria where I was resident at a friend’s beach club. After many positive comments about my energetic approach in Bulgaria as an MC, I got  offered to host many festivals, namely Welcome to the Future. From this point my career gained massive momentum and set me up to be “The Master of Ceremony” that I am today.
 
It’s an amazing and rich past you have led. What is your current dream?

My dream... I am already living it! I want to continue entertaining people around the world with MC’ing, doing percussions and giving them the extra vibe through using my voice and energy.

You are also a presenter at 365mag.com, tell us a bit about that.

I’ve been connected to 365mag.com for many years and did MC’ing, hosting and percussion at many of their events. Currently I am also one of the presenters on their weekly live show and I also do the video interviews. In May we’re going to host one stage at Edit Festival. Last year the first edition was a big success. I’m really looking forward to host the stage this year again.


Where does the name MC Complicated come from?
It actually comes from Facebook. Your relationship status can be adjusted to “single”, “married” or to my favourite one: “complicated”. I felt comfortable with this status. I’m complicated, my life is complicated so I am MC Complicated.
What was your                                   
 most special gig?How did you           How did you end up working with Elevator Passion?
I know Elevator Passion for a long time already and always had a good feeling about the agency. Now that it’s connected to 365MAG I decided to join the group. I’m ready for a new episode in my music life and I feel that Elevator Passion can give me the support I need. I hope to do more international gigs now. This is going to be my year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers